Thursday 21 February 2008

And the clouds parted and lo and behold.....

Beautiful! Last night was a full lunar eclipse. I didn't think we would get to see it, since it had been cloudy all day. But, just as I was going to give up and go back inside, because I hadn't actually got a clue where the moon was going to be and I was getting cold, the clouds broke and there she was, in all her fiery orange-red glory. I was even inspired enough to get out my camera and my tripod - and that doesn't happen too often due to my lazy gene. Unfortunately, the lazy gene had its effect, since I couldn't be bothered to get into the car to drive anywhere away from all the lights around my house, so the photo was taken from the warmth and comfort of my home. Oh well, maybe next time - 21st December, 2010 - mark it on your calendars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic, DBM! Good to see the zoom worked!

Anonymous said...

see, i would of taken a picture after every 5 mins ... that would have been a good idea ......

Unknown said...

Wow. Stunning photo x